Research Log #3

I have sent out emails to each of the alumni that were in the email that I received.  In it I told them about what our assignment is and how we plan on recreating the classroom experience from the 1960.  I asked them if they would be interested in answering a few questions relating to what it was like to be a Mary Washington College student during that decade.  I told them that this interview could be done by email or letter, whichever they prefer, or that if they are in the area I can meet with them in person.

I have not received a response from them, but am not worried as I only sent the emails out recently.  I am very hopeful that I will hear back from some or all of them very soon.

My group has set up a meeting on Wednesday, February 15 to discuss with Tim Owens, the Instructional Technology Specialist, how we can make our website into everything that we plan on it being.  I feel as though it will be too intricate and dificult for us to do on our own because we are not very technologically savvy, but he will be able to show us which templates to use and how to make out website into the interactive site that we are hoping for.

My group is each thinking up good questions for them alumni as they are going through their prospective documents.  I told them that they will get a different prospective on what to ask than I will as they are seeing different things than I am and many things that are sparking their interest.  They will be emailing me each a list of questions and I will go through and pick out the ones that I feel are important to ask, as I don’t want to overwhelm the people that I am interviewing with too many questions.